We had these with our supper (dinner for many of you) tonight. They are so so easy and delicious. We often eat them for dessert.
- Wash and peel a couple of big sweet potatoes. Cut in slices/chunks as shown.
- Heat an iron skillet over medium heat, add a couple Tablespoonfuls of coconut oil or olive oil.
- Add potaotes and drizzle honey on top. I may use 1/4 cup honey. Adjust this amount for the sweetness you like.
- Pour about 1/2 cup water over the honey.
- Cover and cook about 15 minutes or until potaotes are soft as you like and liquid is absorbed.
We had these potatoes with meatloaf (which was frozen earlier and baked a short while before starting the remainder of the meal), cornbread, beans (canned ones tonight), and roasted cabbage. I like the slight burned taste when I cook this cabbage under the broiler.
- Cut 1/2 cabbage head in small pieces. See photo. Toss with a couple tablespoonfuls of sesmae oil. You can also use olive oil, but I think the sesmae oil gives it a nice taste.
- Put cabbage in a single layer and put under the broiler. Broil about 5 minutes. Turn/toss the cabbage with a spatula and broil about 4 or 5 more minutes.
- Watch closely, however, I like a little charring around the edges. .