This recipe couldn’t be easier. It is a great pick-me-up in the afternoon when you need that little shot of dark chocolate. You can use roasted nuts in place of coconut or combine the two if you like.
- 8.8 ounces dark chocolate (at least 70% cocoa).
- 1 1/2 cup toasted unsweetened coconut flakes
1. Toast the coconut by spreading it thinly on a cookie sheet. Bake 275 to 300 degrees for 7-10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Oven temperatures vary, so watch it and don’t let it burn, but you want to bake long enough to get a nice brown color.
2. Bring a few inches of water to a boil in the bottom half of a double boiler set over high heat. Place the chocolate in the top half of the double boiler and set it on the bottom half. Heat, stirring often until the chocolate is almost melted, about 5 minutes.
3. Remove from the heat and whisk until completely melted. Add the coconut and stir to combine.
4. Drop the mixture by spoonfuls onto the prepared baking sheet or waxed paper. Set aside to cool and firm, putting in the refrigerator for awhile helps with this process.
Please “read” the pictures from right to left! Yes, I am new at blogging!